Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Kevin Durant's Learning Experience

    There is one word that is overused when talking sports, espcially in basketball, the word "great".

    There are many really good players that will eventually be "great", but aren't great right now in their career.

    Last night, I witnessed Kevin Durant go through the humuliation phase as a player, which I believe will help him turn the corner evolving into a great player.

    When you talk about the best to ever play the game Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant and LeBron James they all went through it, Kevin Durant just experienced his.

    With Durant being 52 percent of the Thunder's offense revealed itself in a major way during the fourth quarter.

    I watched Durant miss a big time free-throw, this also occured in game three, along with Durant taking some bad shots.

    Despite the lack of lift he had in his legs, you still have to make smart basketball decision. Take a high percentage shot, instead of a long-range jumper fading away from the basket. Passing the ball out of a double team instead of dribbling into a turnover.
   
    The game is mental.

    Right now Durant is not a "great" player, but after the humiliation he suffered last night, I expect Durant to turn the corner and become a "great" player, just as Jordan, Kobe and Lebron did.

  "I’ve been second my whole life. I was the second best player in high school. I was the second pick in the draft. I’ve been second in the MVP voting three times. I came in second in the finals. I’m tired of being second. I’m not going to settle for that. I’m done with it."- Kevin Durant


 Justin Tyree

 ESPN 730 Charlotte Bobcats Insider and Blogger

 Twitter: @JTyree704

 Facebook: https://www.Facebook.com/SportsFromMyEyes

No comments:

Post a Comment