Monday, October 29, 2012

My Thoughts On ESPN's NBA Preseason Power Rankings (Top 5)

1. Miami
2.San Antonio
3.Los Angeles
4. Boston
5. Oklahoma City

    I Agree with Miami being number one they are the defending champs, but as for two through five I'm not to sure.
    San Antonio being ranked two after being embarrassed in the Western Conference Finals showed me that the Spurs aren't better than the Oklahoma City Thunder, and father time has caught up to them. I do believe the Spurs will be one of the top four seeds going into the playoffs, but ultimately I don't see them in the Western Conference Finals.

    Los Angeles is the team I see coming out of the Western Conference, defeating Oklahoma City. Early off I believe the Lakers will be good, but not great. Having new additions to the team means chemistry will need to be developed, with that being said if everyone gets on one accord the Lakers for sure will be facing the Miami Heat in the NBA Finals.

    Boston I believe will be solid once again which isn't a shocker. Anytime you have Doc Rivers, Rajon Rondo Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce you're in pretty good shape. Many aren't talking about the additions of Jason Terry and Courtney Lee, but those two will play big for the Celtics come playoff time.

    Oklahoma City will be back and still strong despite losing James Harden. Anytime you lose the Sixth Man of the Year, you're going to take a step back. With that being said that step back will be just enough for them to fall to the Los Angeles Lakers come playoff time.

My top five goes Miami, Oklahoma City Los Angeles Boston then San Antonio.

Justin Thomas
ESPN 730 Blogger
Twitter: @JTyree704
Facebook: https://www.Facebook.com/SportsFromMyEyes
 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment